Former Customs building in Valparaiso

Former Customs building in Valparaiso

Information about Former Customs building in Valparaiso

Direccion: Plaza Whellrigth 15 - See on the Map

Located in Plaza Wheelwright where streets converge Bustamante and Lord Cochrane.

The work was initiated in 1844 by engineer Augusto Charms, on land obtained through the artificial construction of the first pier on the seafront.

This building was built at the foot of Cerro Artillery, its construction is simple, yet retains its style. She lived in the Governors or Mayors of the Customs. In addition, operating some offices.

This building is considered one of the oldest building of an administrative nature which exist in Valparaiso.

It was declared a National Monument in 1976

Recommended Hotels in Valparaiso