Iquique the Clock Tower. Iquique - CHILE
It was designed and built in 1877 by French engineer Eduardo Layperouse settled in Iquique, who also became the first mayor of the municipality when it came to Iquique Chile in 1879 domain.
Installed at the center of the square, now the Plaza Prat, was moved to its side (against Uribe street), so that in 1889 returned to its original location.
Partition is built in pine-fir, reaching 25 meters high. In a square, staggered square has three volumes. The base has a large pointed arch, open as a porch, while higher levels combine the arc lobed, trifoliate and the warhead. At the second level is the clock, assuming all four sides, while the third and smallest conoraci?n and makes a small roof top with four skirts, going from its center a needle into the sky. These higher levels are surrounded at their base by an iron railing, complementing a rich ornamentation that recalls the Mudejar style.
Currently blanket inside a bust of Arturo Prat.