Cathedral of Castro

Cathedral of Castro

Information about Cathedral of Castro

Direccion: Plaza de Armas de Castro - See on the Map

This church was built at the beginning of the century according to plans by the Italian architect Eduardo Provasoli. With its large size dominates the cityscape. Noteworthy is the fine work of interior woodwork of the coating in larch wood. It is located in the Plaza de Castro, a commune of the same name.

On 19 July 1979, Supreme Decree No. 1875 was declared a National Monument, in the category of Historical Monuments.

The dimensions of this church are: 1.404 m2 in length, 52 m. wide, 27 m. high, dome over the chancel 32 m. and height of towers 42 m. With its distinctive architecture, is alien to all the other traditional churches of Chiloé.

You can know Cathedral of Castro in the following excursions

CHILOé ISLAND, VISITING ANCUD, CASTRO AND DALCAHUE

We start our tour taking Panamericana Route 5 south about 80 miles to reach the town of Pargua, where we take a ferry that will allow us to cross the Chacao Canal and reach the Isla Grande de Chiloe.
31 Reviews More details
US$ 58 from