The Archbishop s Palace Museum of Lima is in the Historic Center that houses pieces of art, paintings and sculptures from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century. It is the residence of the Archbishop of Lima and the administrative headquarters of the Archdiocese of Lima.
The Archiepiscopal Palace of Lima is located in the block that Francisco Pizarro destined, after the foundation of the city on January 18, 1535, to be the episcopal house, being used that place as the seat of the Lima chapter in the first years of the Viceroyalty.
The facade of the Archbishop s Palace in Lima is neo-colonial architectural style, features elements characteristic of the baroque and is made entirely of stone reintegrated. On the main or main door, which is of Neoplateresque style, there are two large balconies, neo-baroque style, carved in cedar wood and reflecting the sensuality of Andalusia.
The current Archiepiscopal Palace Museum of Lima was built on December 8, 1924 and is considered the first example of academic neo-colonial architectural style, its design was taken as a direct reference to the Torre Tagle palace; its designer was the Polish architect Ricardo de Jaxa Malachowski supported by Claude Sahut and Enrique Mogrovejo in 1916.