Cristiano Machado founded the Market in 1929. At that time, the market was an open field, with simple barracks. It functioned as a distribution center for food and other products, just as it is today at CEASA-MG. The Market worked perfectly until 1964, when Prefect Jorge Carone decided to sell the land, claiming the impossibility of administering it.
Receive every day to various visitors from all parts of Brazil and abroad in search of shopping and fun. Its more than 400 stores sell a huge variety of products, such as fresh vegetables, live animals, meats, cacha?as, dairy, typical sweets, regional crafts, religious items, kitchen utensils, dishes and condiments.