The Church of San Francisco de As?s is a church in Belo Horizonte, designed by the famous architect Oscar Niemeyer.
The Church is on the edge of the artificial lagoon of Pampulha, about 18 km perimeter, and from its territorial condition and the way it is positioned in front of the landscape is not exempt from the aforementioned.
Also known as Igrejinha da Pampulha, the Church of San Francisco de As?s was inaugurated in 1943, but only until 1959 was it finally consecrated by the ecclesiastical authorities, who for 14 years found its odd orthodox form odd.
Considered avant-garde, the Church is considered a small prime work of the Pampulha Architectural Ensemble. It was designed by the architect Oscar Niemeyer and its interior houses the famous Via-Sacra, consisting of 14 panels of C?ndido Portinari.