This Church in Puerto Varas, undoubtedly an icon of the city, appears on all the postcards that represent the city.
Of Neo-Romanesque style with Baroque elements, it was built between 1915 and 1918 by Edmundo Niklitschek and the collaboration of Bernardo Klenner and Adalio Morales. Its structure was manufactured using ulmo and oak. The interior coverings are of mañío and laurel. Externally it is covered in walls by iron plates, and on the roof by larch tiles. Its design is based on the churches of Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
It was declared a National Monument on June 4, 1994