Parabolic Arch. - PERU
Direccion: Tacna, Peru
The parabolic arch is a monument located in the Civic Center of the city of Tacna, was inaugurated on August 28, 1959 during the government of Manuel Prado Ugarteche with the name of Monument to the heroes Admiral Miguel Grau Seminario and Colonel Francisco Bolognesi.
Raised in honor of the heroes of the Pacific War, Admiral Miguel Grau and Colonel Francisco Bolognesi, bronze monuments made in the Campayola foundry, the construction of the Monument to the Heroes was made of rose-colored stonework measuring 18 meters high.
It was inaugurated on August 28, 1957, being the President of the Republic Manuel Prado, and designed by German technicians. Some historians point out that the shape it represents represents the trajectory of a cannonball fired into the sky and others affirm that it is the form of the civic walk.
Later, after going down some steps, there is a bronze lamp with designs of anchors and swords in high relief, which represent the Army and the Navy of Peru; is solemnly lit only for commemorative events of the city or the Independence Day