The Monument to the Victory of Chacabuco, also known as Monument to the Battle of Chacabuco, and whose real name is A la Victoria de Chacabuco, is a monument that commemorates the battle of Chacabuco, which took place on February 12, 1817
The Monument "To the Victory of Chacabuco" is located in the General San Martín Road (road to Los Andes), and represents the definitive path towards the Independence of Chile and the end of the Spanish Reconquista.
The Spanish reconquest between 1814 and 1817 where Chile was once again under Spanish rule, under the governments of Mariano Osorio and Francisco Marcó del Pont. The famous Liberation Army of the Andes grouped in Argentina began its march towards Chile in January 1817.
The first military action of this Army was the Battle of Chacabuco, on February 12, 1817 and marked the end of the Spanish Reconquista. The combat was developed in the hacienda of Chacabuco, about 100 km. north of Santiago.