He got 1731y originally belongs to the Franciscan order. After the founding of the city and because of damage from an earthquake the convent was moved to where it is today.
The temple began in 1880. In the church is saved Velilla virgin, brought to Chile by Manuel Diaz Fernandez in 1734 and this is the only existing replica of the Shrine of Mata de Monte Agudo, taken from Spain in 1734.
It is located on Avenida Las Heras Street with Spain.