Museu do Fogo de Orlando. Orlando, FL - UNITED STATES
Direccion: 814 E Rollins St, Orlando
Phone: +1 407-246-3468
The Randall R. Tuten Orlando Fire Museum, formerly Station 3, reopened in 2002 after the Orlando Fire Department assumed ownership of the Historical Society of Central Florida.
The two-story red brick fire station was initially located on Orlando Avenue, near Dade Street, in College Park from 1926 to 1978.
In 1972, the new Station 3 was built in College Park. The Orlando Science Center moved the old station to Loch Haven Park. The old station had fallen into disrepair and was facing an uncertain future. The Science Center, in cooperation with the Association of Fire Chiefs of Central Florida, restored the exterior of the building. The interior renovation that followed transformed the old station into a fire museum.
In 1988, the Historical Society installed a new roof, went down the stairs on the north side of the building and restored the bathrooms. The station reopened two years later with a celebration and tours about the history of the Orlando Fire Department.
The Orlando Fire Department took over the museum's lease in 2002 and, once again, the fire museum underwent extensive renovations.