The Cathedral of Puno, also known as Basilica Cathedral of Puno is the main baroque cathedral in the city of the same name.
It was declared Cultural Historical Patrimony of the Nation of Peru in 1972.
Located in front of the Plaza de las Armas in Puno, the Cathedral of Puno is a building made entirely of stone and with a very particular style. The idea arose from a miner from the area called Miguel de San Román and was in charge of the indigenous master Simon de Asto, work that ended on May 25, 1747.
The interior of the cathedral is much simpler and austere and its main altar, made of marble, houses the images of the Lord of Agony and the Virgin of the Remedies, while beautiful religious canvases belonging to the Cusco school decorate the side walls .