Berat - History and Wine Tasting
Berat, known as the city of "a thousand and one windows", is a treasure of the Albanian history, culture and testimony of the country's tradition and religious harmony.
• The castle-city of Berat
• The thousand windows of the two districts of Mangalem and Gorica
• Alpeta WineryItinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
Berat Castle, Rruga Mihal Komnena, Berat 5001 Albania
• Transfer to Berat passing through suggestive hills full of olive trees.
• This is one of the oldest and most proud of the Albanian architecture. We leave for a guided tour with the local guide admiring the citadel / castle of Berat with the Red Mosque, recognized by its solitary minaret. The White Mosque, the Church of the Holy Trinity and the arched bridge of Gorica, built in 1780 are the other attractions that await you after the Castle.
• Enjoy lunch with the city as the view and have free time wandering in the two main districts of the old city of Mangalem and Gorica.
Duration: 4 hoursStop At:
Kantina e Veres Alpeta., Berat 4002 Albania
• After lunch, we transfer to the scenic Alpeta Winery located 5km from Berat, at the base of Mount Tomorri, among the rolling hills that surround the city. The tour of the facilities includes a complete view of the process of vinification and detailed explanations by a member of the Alpeta family, punctuated by the alternation of moving and comic stories that depict a bright image of the family history and the origins of their wines. After the visit to the cellar and vineyard, guests are invited to share a glass of wine and exchange stories with a member of the Alpeta family while enjoying a variety of homemade Albanian cheeses and locally grown olives.
Return to Tirana/Durres and drop off at your hotel or anywhere in the city.
Duration: 2 hours
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Most travelers can participate"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Minimum drinking age is 18 years"
"May be operated by a multi-lingual guide"
"Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Duration: 8 To 10 Hours
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at any hotel in Tirana or Durres. Please specify name of hotel when making the booking.
Cancellations and refunds:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.