Excursion and hiking in Calabria, Italy
The duration of the activity is variable, half day (
4 hours) or full day (
The excursions/hiking take place throughout the
Aspromonte National Park of Calabria in Italy.
The price includes:
• Transfer by minibus (from the Megale Hellas diving base)
• Official park guide
• Packed lunch made of typical Calabrian produits (in restaurants or agriturism is not included)Itinerary
On the extreme tip of Calabria, in the heart of the province of Reggio Calabria, there’s the Aspromonte National Park, from whose summit, Montalto (1.955 m), long mountain ridges branch off towards the coast, interspersed with deep river valleys and characterized by the presence of high waterfalls.
A Park Official Guide will make you appreciate the natural, historical and anthropological aspects of a majestic and unspoiled scenery.
There are many different tours and trails, we can choose together the best for you!
Below there are two examples:
1) "SCIALATA" TRAIL, a simple path, suitable for everybody, but that can give great emotions, thanks to the beautiful wide panoramas on the coast in the first part of the path and thanks to the numerous small waterfalls of the second section of the path. We could call it a nature walk to discover the hidden waterways in lush greenery between imposing granite rocks.
2) TRE PIZZI MOUNTAIN, a very beautiful hike in the Ciminà municipality, that culminates in the visit to the ruins of the ancient church of SS. Pietro and Paolo. The hiking path offers wide panoramas, which allow you to observe one of the most fertile areas of the Ionian coast:Stop At:
• Megale Hellas Diving Center, Via Cristoforo Colombo, II trav. 1/b, 89046 Marina di Gioiosa Ionica Italy
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Children must be accompanied by an adult"
"Dress code: comfortable, with sneakers or trekking shoes and little hat."
"Near public transportation"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Gear/equipment sanitized between use"
"Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
Duration: 4 Hours
Diving Center Megale Hellas, Via Cristoforo Colombo, II trav. 1/B, 89046 Marina di gioiosa ionica RC, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers have to wait in front of the entrance of the Hotel/B&B/theri accommodation
Cancellations and refunds:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.