Thai and Akha Cooking Class in Chiang Mai
Learn how to cook Thai and Akha dishes during your holiday in Chiang Mai with our master chef, a native Akha people. You will learn some unique cooking style and dishes, plus the history and culture of this ethnicity. Light refreshments, tour to local market (for morning class) and hotel transfer is included.
Morning Cooking Class + Market Tour
Thai Akha Kitchen will take you to the Local Market to see the real lifestyle of local people + Cooking Thai and Akha foods.
Evening cooking class excluding Market tour only cooking.
Why choose Evening Cooking Class-
Fits around a busy day schedule
First home-cooked Thai dinner in Thailand.
No need to worry or plan where or what to eat for dinner just come and cook!
It’s cooler in the evening, actually a much better time to be cooking.Stop At:
• Thai Akha Cooking School, 15/1, Soi Arrag 4 Si Phum, Chiang Mai 50000 ThailandSample Menu
• Start by two Appetizers - The class will start by preparing the famous Papaya Salad and the perfect Fried Spring Rolls.
• Making two Desserts - Mango Sticky Rice and Pumpkin in Coconut Milk
• Three Akha Dishes - In Akha traditions, every meal must have a Chilli Sauce (Sapi Thong), one Salad, and one Soup.
• Pick one out of four Curry and Curry Paste - You can choose one of the four most popular Thai curries; Red curry, Green curry, Panang curry, or the Massaman curry.
• Pick one out of three Soup - You can choose between the Chicken & Coconut Milk (Tom Kha Gai), the Hot and Sour Prawn Soup (Tom Yum Gong), or the Clear Soup & Egg Tofu
• Pick one out of four Stir-Fried - You can choose Pad Thai, Chicken with Cashew Nut, Chicken with Hot Basil, or Sweet and Sour Vegetables.
• Everyone can choose their own menu individually - All recipes can be adapted to be cooked: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free. Alternative solutions are available for any food allergies.
"Visitor are welcome"
"Come with empty stomach"
"Near public transportation"
"Infant seats available"
"Surfaces are wheelchair accessible"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
"Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers"
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
Duration: 6 Hours
14/10 Soi Rat Chiang Saen 2 Ko., Tambon Hai Ya, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Our Cooking School has moved to a new Garden location since January 2020.
Our new location is just 5 minute walk from Chiang Mai South Gate, so it is 15 minutes walk from the center of the old city.
For more info, please visit our website page: Pick-Up Area and Meeting PointAirports
Cancellations and refunds:
- Chiang Mai Intl Airport, Chiang Mai Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.