Cooking Class & Market Tour in Cuenca
Learn about our local cuisine and our organic products. We will visit and purchase the items from the local "10 de Agosto market". Then we head to a family house and beginning cooking your own meal!
The Ecuadorian cuisine and it's many different flavors and mix of ingredients is the main reason we have opted to offer you a great learning experience. Although its gastronomy is considered to be one of the most forgotten of South America the country has nothing to envy Peru which one of the most recognized cuisines in the world.
Our first duty is to visit the "10 de agosto" local market to buy the ingredients that will be needed our cooking class. There's nothing better than hand picking ingredients which are commercialized by the local farmers and vendors of the region. This will give and added flavor to our home cooked meal! We will now proceed to visit a local family kitchen where everything will be ready for us to begin our process. The chef will lead you step by step into making our meal into perfection. Whether it's a “locro de papas” a “seco de pollo” or any of the options we have, you will have the chance to learn about the local dishes and culture.
1. Locro de papas, soup made with potatoes, cheese and avocado.
2. Quinoa Soup, made with quinoa, cheese, milk, onions, garlic.
3. Ceviche, seafood dish made from fresh raw fish or shimps cured in citrus juices, and spiced with ají, chili peppers, chopped onions, salt, and cilantro.
1. Seco de pollo, chicken stew served with rice, some fried plantain and salad.
2. Fritada, fried until crisp cubes of pork served with "Llapingachos" grilled mashed potatoes and salad.
3. Vegetarian and Vegan option available under request.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Vegetarian or Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required"
"Near public transportation"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas"
"Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
Duration: 4 Hours
Hotel pick up
Cancellations and refunds:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.