Sicilian cookery lesson
The Sicilian Pantry is a family run cookery school located in the heart of the Historical centre of Palermo. We offer daily market tours & cookery lessons of traditional Sicilian dishes.
We meet in the morning at one of Palermo’s oldest markets, shop around for any items we will need for the lesson and then stroll to the air-conditioned school kitchen where we prepare a 4 course Sicilian meal, learning the techniques & tricks needed to recreate it when you return home. After the lesson we can sit down together to enjoy our efforts along with a selection of Sicilian wines rounded off with some homemade liqueurs & coffee
We believe that the true expression of Sicilian cuisine comes from the quality of its fresh seasonal produce so we strive to always ensure that we have the best of what Sicily has to offer in order to share this with our guests
This is an entertaining and informative day out, recommended for cooks of all levels
We meet at 10:00 & lessons typically end around 15:00
Meet near Porta Carini, the entrance to the fabulous Mercato del Capo. Head into the market to pick up anything we need for the lesson, then we walk to the air-conditioned kitchen to prepare a 4 course meal of seasonal Sicilian dishes, made up of a starter, a pasta dish, a main course and desert. Then we all sit down to enjiy what we have made with a selection of Sicilian wines, then we round things off with some coffee and homemade liquors.Stop At:
• Mercato del Capo, Via Cappuccinelle, 90138, Palermo, Sicily ItalySample Menu
• Panelle - freshly fried chick pea fritters, served with a squeeze of lemon, a cornerstone of Palermo street food and a favourite of everyone
• Arancine al burro - a Palermo market street food classic, saffron flavoured rice balls filled with ham and cheese then breaded and fried
• Carciofi fritti - fresh artichokes, cleaned then quartered, breaded and fried
• Pasta fresca con salsa fresca - make your own southern Italian style fresh pasta, we’ll top this with some freshly made tomato sauce
• Pasta con le sarde - a Palermitan classic, pasta with fresh sardines, wild fennel, saffron, currents and pine nuts, topped with toasted breadcrumbs
• Involtini di carne - thin meat rolls stuffed with cheese, breadcrumbs, currants and almonds, skewered, breaded and roasted, this is a family favourite in any household
• Pesce spada panato - slices of delicious swordfish dipped in extra-virgin olive oil and coated with breadcrumbs seasoned with fresh parsley, mint and lemon zest
• Cannoli - the most famous Sicilian dessert, fried pastry tubes filled with sweet ricotta cream & garnished with candied orange peel & pistachios from Bronte
• Cassata - THE Sicilian cake! homemade almond paste & sponge cake stuffed with sweet ricotta cream & decorated with candied fruit, a real treat!
• Granita di mandorle - a simple and delicious frozen desert made simply with water, sugar and almonds
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Service animals allowed"
"Near public transportation"
"Infant seats available"
"Not recommended for people with severe food allergies, please get in touch to let us know of any dietary requirements."
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers"
"Face masks provided for travelers"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas"
"Gear/equipment sanitized between use"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms"
"Our kitchen & dining room are large but nevertheless we have reduced our capacity from 12 to 6, to ensure that we can operate well within new health & safety guidelines."
Duration: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele Orlando, 49, 90138 Palermo PA, Italy
Cancellations and refunds:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.