Private Moscow Metro Tour
Take a private Moscow Metro Tour to see the most historical metro stations, learn fun facts and fascinating stories and feel like a local in the most beautiful Metro in the world. Metro pass is included in the price of the tour.
See 10 stations on 2-hour tour or 15 stations on 3-hour tour: Komsomolskaya, Kieskaya, Novoslobodskaya, Prospekt Mira, Belorusskaya, Mayakovskaya, Novokuznetskaya, Revolution Square (Ploshad Revolutsii), Arbatskaya, Sparrow Hills, Victory Park, Slavic Boulevard, Vystavochnaya, Kurskaya, Rimskaya.
Get lucky and see a one-of-a-kind Aquarelle Train – a picture gallery on wheels, or bump into a hidden entrance to the secret Metro-2.
Take a Coffee Ring ride, check out the station with your sign of the Zodiac, chase the inhabitants of ancient seas, take a selfie with your friendly local guides, and simply have fun!Itinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
Moscow Metro, Moscow Russia
Your private guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel. Say zdravstvuyte to Moscow which is as big as Luxembourg, and to Moscow Metro with its 200 stations, 44 of which are recognized as objects of historical and cultural heritage.
Timing is flexible and you can start the tour any time you prefer.
You will take a memorable metro ride with your private guide and see the oldest metro station, as well as the deepest, the longest, and, of course, the most beautiful: Komsomolskaya, Novoslobodskaya, Kieskaya, Belorusskaya, Prospekt Mira, Mayakovskaya, Revolution Square (Ploshad Revolutsii), Novokuznetskaya, Arbatskaya, Victory Park, Sparrow Hills, Slavic Boulevard, Kurskaya, Vystavochnaya, Rimskaya.
Moscow Metro system consists of 12 lines and we’ll cover all of them on the tour! Take the same subway cars that operate in the countries of the former Soviet Union, as well as in Sofia, Budapest, Warsaw, Prague and Tehran.
Learn interesting facts and stories about the speed of trains, the distance between the stations, what are the busiest lines and get shocked how much it costs to build 1 km of the railway or simply to rename the station.
Drop into a Moscow Metro museum if it’s open that day and see the relics of Metro which date back to 1930s.
Finish the tour at your hotel, Novodevichy Convent, Sparrow Hills or any other spot you want.
This tour can be customized to make it a unique experience for you. Your private local guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and discuss the tour itinerary with you at the beginning of the tour.
Highlights of the tour:
• Visit 10 or 15 must-see Metro stations
• Check the oldest metro station opened in 1935
• See the 76 bronze figures depicting Soviet heroes on Ploschad Revolutsii station
• Take pictures of insanely-elaborate metro stations and don’t forget to rub the nose of the bronze dog and to look at the Soviet sky
• Listen to the stories about Metro-2 - a secret metro line that supposedly links the Kremlin with KGB. See unique Soviet-era décor with marble, bronze, lavish mosaics, paintings, sculptures, stained glass
• Explore the underground treasures of Russian Soviet past
• Take a chance to catch nice Sparrow Hills views from Luzhniki Metro Bridge. The only Moscow metro station above the water
• If you are lucky, catch a unique «Aquarelle Train» – a wheeled painting exhibition, brilliantly painted with pictures of peony, chrysanthemums, daisies, sunflowers and every cart is exceptional
• Visit the Museum of Moscow Metro on a 3-hour metro tour
• See some of Stalin skyscrapers on a 3-hour tour
• Enjoy Russian traditional lunch at a cozy authentic cafe on a 3-hour tour
You may choose to finish the tour on Sparrow Hills to hunt down the spot where you can see all seven of Stalin sisters at once!
Duration: 2 hoursStop At:
Museum of Moscow Metro, Khamovnicheskiy Val, 36 Vystavochnaya Metro station on the light blue Metro line., Moscow 119048 Russia
Find out curious facts from the history of Moscow metro
Duration: 10 minutes
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Children must be accompanied by an adult"
"Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking"
"The tour can be modified to meet your preferences"
"Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Near public transportation"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Duration: 2 Hours
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide can meet you at your hotel, hostel or vacation rental,
You don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
Cancellations and refunds:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.