Hiking & trekking in Knuckles
Knuckles Mountain Forest Range covering an area of approximately 21,000 ha is a part of the Central Highlands World Heritage site, declared in 2010. Though it is a part of Central Highlands it is well separated by Mahaweli river valley from the sides of South and east and Matale valley from the west.
Start at 07:30 am - Finish at 05:30 pm
Knuckles Mountain Forest Range consists of a range of vegetation types that have resulted from diverse climatic and topographic conditions. Among these are the humid tropical lowland semi evergreen forest, tropical sub-montane humid evergreen forest, montane grassland (patana) and pygmy forest. The complexity brought to the area with vegetation types is further increased by range of modifications made to the landscape by people since the British colonization. Knuckles Mountain Forest Range supports a rich biological diversity with 128 species of birds, 20 species of amphibians, 53 species of reptiles, 15 fresh water species and 31 mammal species. All species are not equally distributed throughout the range. Their distribution depends on multiple factors such as food availability, availability of nesting sites etc. that vary with climate, elevation and land cover.
• Hotel pickup at 5,30 AM
• Arrival time will be 6.30 A.M at the Knuckles Mountain range trail head.
• Brief description of the route and the hike. There will be two trekking options for selection –
• Water fall trekking (9 K.M’s both ways) or the Knuckles peak hike (16 K.M’s both ways)
• Starting the hike at 6.45 A.M.
• Rest stops within every 1.5 K.M.
• Estimated time to reach the top by 12.15 P.M.
• Photography session
• Climbing down by 1.15 P.M
• Reaching the trail head by 5.30 P.M
• Hotel drop off
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Personal effects for warm/windy/rainy conditions should be carried by clients"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Duration: 9 To 10 Hours
Sri Lanka, Kandy
Cancellations and refunds:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.