Puglia Cooking class "Le orecchiette, che pasta!"
An experience to live our traditions and knowing the origins of our cuisine in the typical Apulia buildings: i trulli surrounded by a peaceful nature.
The art of making the orecchiette (our traditional pasta) is part of a ritual made also of soil and wind, a time in the countryside, slowly spent for preparing our lunch collecting wild herbs, fruits, tomatoes, melons and all that our organic garden seasonaly produce.The same slow time lived by our grandmothers to prepare the daily lunch for all the family.
At home, a pastry board, the flour and the wind will be the simple ingredients to make our Orecchiette. We will learn to do this particular pasta, its variations and many other secrets will be revealed. We will then partecipate to prepare meat sauce, vegetables and cheese and all necessary for lunch. We will taste all our preparations.
The cooking class begins normally at 10.30 in our Trulli as meeting point.
We will teach you how to produce the orecchiette (our typical pasta) and to cook a typical menù (that seasonaly changes). We propose at the end a little tour to know our traditions and finally a lunch based on meat (as tradition).
It is available a vegetarian solution.
We provide for all necessary to do the class.
• Lunch is composed by a aperitif, first course based on the self-made orecchiette with meat- or vegetables sauce (on request), second course of meat, seasonal fruit and Italian coffee.
• Pls note that following an organic and traditional cultivation, also the ingredients for lunch may be different depending on season. Please report any food requirements in advance. We are available to personalize your cooking class: particular flours (like gluten free).
Duration: 4,5 hours, comprehensive of lunch.
Children and Infant are welcome.
meeting point: by car - GPS coordinates: 40.654596, 17.502971
The cooking class is not recommended for people with flours and cat allergies. We live with many cats.Stop At:
• Valle d’itria e Dintorni, Cisternino ItalySample Menu
• La Frisa - A typical food of Puglia that you can't find in a restaurant.
• Orecchiette con Braciole - The typical menù prepared with the Orecchiette.
During autumn and winter we propose "Orecchiette con cime di rapa".
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Children must be accompanied by an adult"
"Dress code is smart casual"
"Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking"
"Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required"
"A minimum of 2 people per booking is required"
"Near public transportation"
"Transportation is wheelchair accessible"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers"
Duration: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up at 10:00 am. Pls contact us for more details.
Cancellations and refunds:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.