Cheese & ricotta making – Teramo (Abruzzo) Italy
I'm food lover by nature and also a native of Abruzzo.
As well as being an official Tour Leader recognised by the Abruzzo Region, I found Experience BellaVita, a company that promotes sustainable culinary experiences in the less touristic areas of Italy, in Abruzzo.
They make the famous 'Pecorino Abruzzese' cheese, cow and THE BEST ricotta cheese, as well as producing their own Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cured meats. With the family recipes that were passed on generation after generation.
I'm very honoured to welcome you to Giuseppe's Organic Farm and share with you our passion for the land, the animals and for keeping this family’s tradition alive, despite the pressure of the big industry players.
I or my colleague Alberto will be guiding you through this true Italian experience within Giuseppe's family.
During this day, you will get introduced to the cheesemaking techniques and it will all be about getting your hands on MAKING. Pronti (Ready)-
1. After a beautiful short panoramic drive we will get to the countryside, at Giuseppes' farm.
For over 3 generations, Giuseppes' family have been making cheese and breeding animals in a small family-owned farm in the Abruzzo Apennines near Teramo.
2. We will meet Giuseppe and his family and start with the cutting of the curd and then onto moulding and making the famous pecorino cheese shapes!
3. After this fun and challenging experience, we will have a taste of our cheeses, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and other home-produced delis, as well as wine and other drinks.
4. While we wait for the ricotta to arrive at temperature, we will go and see the animals of the farm: Sheep, goats, cows, veals, Pastori Abruzzesi (Abruzzo shepherd's dog) and hangs.
5. Once the Ricotta cheese is ready, you will taste the purest and fresh(warm) Ricotta cheese. This is the best Organic Ricotta in Abruzzo. I bet you to find a better one and I'll offer you a dinner!
6. We end the day with you extracting with your hands the Ricotta from the pot!Stop At:
• Campli, Campli, Province of Teramo, AbruzzoSample Menu
• Cheese & local products - You will taste:
A selection of cheeses (at least 3),
Home-produced Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil,
Dried meat i.e. Salami,
• Drinks & wine - A selected local Wine & water
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Transportation is wheelchair accessible"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Face masks provided for travelers"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas"
"Gear/equipment sanitized between use"
"Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
"Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms"
"Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons"
"Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers"
"COVID-19 vaccination required for guides"
"Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity."
Duration: 4 Hours
64012 Campli, Province of Teramo, Italy
Cancellations and refunds:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.