Bhutan 5N6D Tour
This itinerary is a fitting introduction to the beautiful kingdom which is also known as the last Shangri La (paradise) on earth. It takes you through the lanes of the Capital – Thimphu where you can witness an amazing fusion of modernity and traditional culture to the Old Capital – Punakha via the Dochula Pass (3,140m). The trip ends with a hike to one of Bhutan’s most sacred sites: Taktshang Monastery (also known as the “Tiger’s Nest”) in Paro.
Day 01: Arrival in Paro & Thimphu sights
- Meet & greet with your local team.
- Proceed to Thimphu (about an hour’s drive)
- Check in to Hotel.
- Start sights visit to the National Memorial Chorten:
- Get to know Thimphu, with a walk around the town center.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 02: Thimphu sights
After Breakfast start sight visits to:
- Kuneselphodrang/Buddha point
- Changangkha Temple
- Takin Preserve
- Zilukha Nunnery:
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Continue sight visits to Tashichhodzong
- Changlimithang Archery Range
- Farmer's Market (Thursday to Sunday)
- End the day with a visit to one of the pubs in town (depending on your interests).
- Dinner & Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu
Day 03: Excursion to Punakha valley
After breakfast drive to Punkaha
- Stop at Dochula Pass (3100m).
- Druk Wangyal Chortens.
- short stop at the Lamperi Botanical Park
- hike to the Chimi Lhakhang: a.k.a the” Temple of Fertility”.
- And Punakha Dzong:
- After these visits, we return to the hotel in Thimphu for dinner and overnight.
Day 04: Paro valley
Drive back to Paro
- visit the Tachogang Lhakhang:
- Dungtse Lhakhang:
- National Museum:
- Paro Dzong & the 8th Century old Kyichu Lhakhang.
- Spend the evening walking around Paro Town:
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Paro
Day 05: Tiger's Nest hike
- Early morning hike to the Taktsang Goemba (Tiger’s Nest Monastery.)
- End the day with a traditional hot stone bath and dinner at a farmhouse or the Hotel:
Day 06: Exit
- Drive on to the airport in Paro, to catch your flight out of Bhutan.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"Scanned copy of Passport is required at time of booking for all participants"
"A minimum of 3 people per booking is required"
"Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Duration: 6 Days
Cancellations and refunds:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.