Beautiful Pohutukawa Coast - Half Day Private Tour
Magnificent views of the Coromandel Peninsula and the islands of the inner gulf
Leaving the City of Sails we explore Auckland like the locals do without having to fight the crowds, and discover under-the-radar beaches and walks where you can expect few or no people and a tranquil ambiance.
Reaching the Regional Park South of Auckland, we walk (1-2 hrs) on coastal farmland located on the pohutukawa-fringed Whakakaiwhara Peninsula which offers spectacular 360 degree views of the Hauraki Gulf. Try putting names to the islands you see Rangitoto, Waiheke, Motutapu, Pakihi, Rotoroa. . . Coromandel Peninsula.
From sleepy Maraetai the shoreline stretches for several kilometres of splendid unspoilt coastal scenery along the narrow Coast Road until it reaches Umupuia, where we find a Maori cemetary and marae - the meeting place of the Ngai Tai people.Itinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
Duder Regional Park, Auckland New Zealand
- Leaving the City of Sails we will travel south to the Pohutukawa Coast (about 50 minutes) while passing diverse suburbs of Auckland before heading towards the rural outskirts (you will get an impression of Auckland's diversity)
- Enjoy the wonderful nature on a walk (about 90 minutes)
- Stop for a picnic snack/coffee at Maraetai Beach
- Back in the City of Sails at 12:30 pm
Duration: 3 hours
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Duration: 4 Hours
Downtown Pier 4, 117 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Cancellations and refunds:
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.