Godfather donkeys tour and a medieval village of Savoca between art and culture
This Sicilian unique experience , with my two gentle donkeys, in one of the most beautiful medieval village in Italy and where it has been shot the "Godfather" movie . I'm an authorized guide and I organize an unforgettable tour for two people or for small groups who will share the company of my two donkeys . Going along the old path , you will reach the village of Savoca and you will enjoy of breathtaking view towards the hills , the Ionian cost and the volcano Etna . The routes starts from the pine forest and the guide will lead you to the village where you can visit the churches , the catacombs , the museum and the set where has been shot the “ Godfather “ movie . It is included a liqueurs olive oil and cookies tastingItinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
The Godfather Donkey Tour, Via san Biagio, 98038 Savoca, Sicily Italy
• Pick-up from the hotel is available for this tour. Once the purchase is complete, we will send you the complete information (phone number, e-mail address, etc.) to contact me "Salvo" who will arrange the collection.
• Start : 9:00 from the hotel to the village of Savoca. In this village Gina and Caterina , my donkeys , will wait for us .
• I will introduce you some basics on about to get on the donkeys and I will give you an helmet to wear . We will start the tour from pine forest and after 20 minutes we will reach the convent where we will visit the cripta with its mummies ( 17 noblemen ).
• After some historical explanations and the view on a stunning landscape , we will go by walk with Gina and Caterina to visit the most famous bar in the world : the “ Bar Vitelli “ , where has been shot the “ God Father “ movie. Th bar mantains the same aspect of the past and it is there where , the protagonist of the movie Michael ( Al Pacino ) asked Apollonia’s father her hand . Moreover here you have the possibility to taste the typical lemon granita made with the original recipe ( here you have 20 minutes of free time ) .
• We continue the tour on the donkeys for 15 minutes , we will stop to Nino’s bakery for tasting his delicious biscuits and after we will reach the old cathedral of the XII century . This church claims some historical adventures taht I will tell you . In this church , the monks prepared the noblemen bodies to the mummification .
• We will reach the San Giovanni site on the donkeys ( 10 minutes ) where you have an amazing view on the valley , on the castles on the cost and on Savoca castel’ s ruins .
• The tour continues on the donkeys for 20 minutes to Santa Lucia church. Here we will listening to a nice melody. In the “ God father “ movie this church was the famous set of Michael and Apollonias’ wedding . You will folow the same way down the hill the maried did in the movie.
• Up on the donkeys again for reaching ( 10 minutes ) one of the best wine shop of Savoca from where you can sit enjoying the view and a free tasting of the best sicilian products is offered . You will try: olive oil , almond wine , limoncello and pistachio cream.
• After the free tasting we go back by donkeys ( 20 minutes ) to the pine forest and the excursion ends.
• On request we can organize a sicilian cooking lesson .
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Gear/equipment sanitized between use"
"Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
Duration: 4 Hours
Oleificio Manuli Giuseppe, Via S. Biagio, 98038 Romissa ME, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Cancellations and refunds:
- Taormina/ Giardini Naxos
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.